Warehouse Inventory Specialist
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: We consistently deliver for our customers, colleagues, and community in a distinguished manner. By continuously developing the best in our team, we bring it, we earn it, and we are proud of our contributions in building a worthy legacy of consistent excellence in craftsmanship and service.
We are looking for a reliable Warehouse Inventory Specialist to join our team at Calvert Controls. This person would be responsible for the timely and accurate receipt, movement, and shipping of all products and supplies in the warehouse in alignment with all company policies, procedures, objectives, and regulations.
- Responsible for receiving and accounting for all inbound materials in the warehouse. Maintains receiving log.
- Responsible for all outbound shipping, including couriers and UPS/FedEx. Minimizes delivery costs whenever possible.
- Responds to calls from field and office staff for material orders from warehouse inventory. Picks orders and schedules delivery or pick-up.
- Manages material transfers and returns.
- Accurately tracks inventory and reconciles inventory issues as they arise. Utilizes a computerized inventory system.
- Safely operates forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks to load and unload trucks and move materials into the warehouse.
- Communicate with the purchaser of materials to ensure on-time arrivals and agreed-upon storage location.
Partners with outside freight companies to ensure all shipments are shipped accurately and on schedule.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed adequately for shipments.
- Distributes packages to office personnel in an accurate and timely manner. Coordinates deliveries from the warehouse with members of other departments.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the flow of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Responsible for shop tools and coordinating repairs with vendors.
- Assists in organizing company events as needed (e.g., customer events or company-wide meetings).
- Maintains property grounds inside and out.
- Assists in minor maintenance and repairs of the property.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness of warehouse and outbound areas, maintaining staging areas for equipment and material. Organizes material to make it easily accessible and clearly labeled.
- Coordinates with the safety officer to develop, maintain, and practice safety policies and procedures with all equipment and tools, including forklifts, trucks, and trailers.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Handles truck safety inspections.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by establishing solid networks and communicating well with co-workers, customers, project managers, foremen, sub-contractors, vendors, office staff, and field personnel.
- Assist with vehicle inspections, maintaining proper vehicle cleanse, and transporting vehicles to and from service centers.
- Ensures proper tool usage. Cleans, maintains, repairs, and organizes warehouse tools.
- Provides mentoring and training to co-workers as needed. May provide work direction to seasonal and warehouse staff.
Follows all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by Calvert Controls
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to exercise independent judgment and
discretion and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience working in a warehouse, distribution center, or manufacturing shipping/receiving environment preferred.
- Preferred experience in the HVAC and plumbing industry.
- 1 year of experience driving and operating a forklift truck preferred.
- Knowledge of essential safety and OSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Strong organizational skills, scheduling abilities, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills.
- Effective problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to work independently under pressure, assess multiple demands, and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Strong telephone communication skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
Previous experience using computerized inventory systems and/or performing work scheduling.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, with a base salary and benefits package:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Short-term Disability
- Continuing Education
- And more!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.