Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: We consistently deliver for our customers, colleagues, and community in a distinguished manner. By continuously developing the best in our team, we bring it, we earn it, and we are proud of our contributions in building a worthy legacy of consistent excellence in craftsmanship and service.
With the assistance of the Service Team Manager, the Service Technician serves customers by servicing and maintaining equipment. The Service Technician also works on initial equipment start-ups. This position fosters positive customer interactions by identifying equipment issues and completing repairs to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
- Run service calls of various degrees of complexity and difficulty
- Maintain, and repair Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration equipment
- Provide emergency services to the entire service area (when necessary)
- Maintain truck stock and inventory
- Follow truck maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean truck/workspace
- Perform general maintenance on cooling towers, pumps, VFD drives, RTU’s, AHU’s, ductless splits, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Communicate effectively with customer and office team regarding work needed or performed
- On-Call Schedule required
Follows all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by Calvert Controls
- 602 Journeyman license
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain a DOT Certification
- Must be able to pass a background check for Government facilities
- OSHA 10 or 30
- CFC Universal
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills
- Team player
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Verbal & written communication skills
- HVAC Mechanical experience
- Attention to detail and organization
- Experience using a service software
- High School diploma or GED
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- • Company Vehicle
- • Union Wages & Benefits
- • PTO
- • Paid Holidays
- • Short-term Disability
- • Continuing Education & more!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.