Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: We consistently deliver for our customers, colleagues, and community in a distinguished manner. By continuously developing the best in our team, we bring it, we earn it, and we are proud of our contributions in building a worthy legacy of consistent excellence in craftsmanship and service.
The Project Manager is a critical player in the Calvert Operations team and is responsible for overseeing and managing the administrative and logistics aspects of projects. The professional will have responsibilities that span across the Calvert Operation and cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of commercial HVAC projects from start to finish, including (but not limited to) setting up job costs, material purchasing, overseeing contractors and subcontractors, (manpower) management. The professional shall deliver on hers/his responsibilities in alignment with the direction set by the Operations Director.
- Build, establish and manage operational processes and rigor to efficiently manage projects.
- Responsible for building, managing, and maintaining a master Project tracker and Project Pipeline (i.e., using Microsoft Project).
- Ensure delivery of projects on time and on budget, by proactively aligning all resources needed and communicating with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for managing all administrative aspects of a project, ensuring the accuracy of plans and documentation.
- Responsible for coordinating the right material and labor are being allocated to each project.
- Be an active team player in the organization, actively communicating and connecting the interdependencies across his/her peer groups (Operations, Finance, Administrative, and Sales)
- Responsible for reporting, managing, and delivering on Operations team KPIs (Metrics) as defined for this role
- Responsible for fostering, growing, and cultivating the Calvert culture
- Timely and consistently provide the Operations Director with information and insights vital to the decision-making process
- Must be willing and able to travel 25% of the time in Maryland/Virginia/DC
- Managed projects from ranging from $100,000-$1,000,000
- All Other Duties Assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and two (2) years’ experience in Project Management, at least two (2) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
High School diploma or GED and three to five (3-5) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project management or business-related field with at least three (3) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls/Management
- Leadership ability and strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the company safety procedures.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, with a base salary plus commission and a benefits package
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Short-term Disability
- Continuing Education
- And more!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.