Preventative Maintenance Coordinator
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: To consistently provide first class solutions for our customers and community. We achieve that by being people focused and creating unparalleled career growth opportunities for our team. We attract and develop the most passionate talent in our region by
concentrating on growth and operational excellence.
The Preventative maintenance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and executing all aspects of the preventative maintenance contracts, working closely with inner office personnel as well as the field technicians and customers.
• Establish a working process for Preventative Maintenance contracts
• Coordinate scheduling of PM’s
• Renew all existing PM’s
• Input PM data into the system
• Review/approve PM techs’ service reports.
• Review PM contracts
• Bill and close out monthly PM’s
• Coordinate with other departments to successfully execute PM’s
• Ordering material for PM jobs
• Establish relationships with PM customers
• Ensuring field technicians have the proper information to preform maintenance successfully
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by Calvert Controls.
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
• Ability to relay information accurately in a fast-paced environment
• Problem-Solving skills and willingness to collaborate
• STRONG organizational, multitasking and communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• 1 year of experience in Project Management preferred
• 1 year of experience in scheduling
• Customer service experience
• 2 years of experience in Microsoft Office
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• 401K with Employer Contributions
• Paid Holidays
• Short-term Disability
• Continuing Education
• And more!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.