Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: We consistently deliver for our customers, colleagues, and community in a distinguished manner. By continuously developing the best in our team, we bring it, we earn it, and we are proud of our contributions in building a worthy legacy of consistent excellence in craftsmanship and service.
The Payroll Associate will oversee and supervise the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations weekly and keep up with the company’s business licenses.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions, including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates, including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Handles manual check preparation as needed
- Assists HR with employment and unemployment verifications as required
- Enters all hours, payroll corrections, expense reimbursements, leave slips, bonuses, and
miscellaneous pay for both field and office employees into the computer payroll system
- Prepares certified payroll reporting weekly
- Processes credit card payments
- Maintains employee information in the Payroll system
- Maintains and keeps up business licenses and ensures compliance
- Follows all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by Calvert Controls
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions, including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Knowledge of prevailing wage, collective bargaining, unions, and certified payroll reporting
- High degree of sensitivity to payroll-related deadlines, confidentiality, and commitment to ensure all deadlines are met
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational and computer skills
- At least three to five years of related experience is required
- Prior experience with Sage and ADP software is preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts and ability to create journal entries and
- Understanding of business licenses
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Short-term Disability
- Continuing Education
- And more!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.