HVAC Business Development Representative
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: We consistently deliver for our customers, colleagues, and community in a distinguished manner. By continuously developing the best in our team, we bring it, we earn it, and we are proud of our contributions in building a worthy legacy of consistent excellence in craftsmanship and service.
The HVAC Business Development Representative will support brand awareness, client development, and business growth. The primary responsibility of this role is to identify and develop business opportunities and strategic relationships, create an awareness and preference for Calvert Controls, identify important market trends and understand the external environment related to the HVAC Mechanical industry. This role will work directly with Calvert leaders to strategically position the company for growth and profitability.
• Identify and research potential clients
• Promote all services that Calvert controls have to offer
• Follow up with existing clients to ensure they are satisfied with current services
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Prospect for new clients through effective networking, cold calling, and other means.
• Identify potential clients and key decision-makers within a target organization. Sell
customized maintenance solutions to the highest-level decision-makers within targeted
• Cold call within your assigned market, territory, or niche. Aggressively seek out new
• Schedule face-to-face meetings with key decision-makers in target organizations. Begin
to build rapport with these individuals.
• Forecast sales targets; work to achieve sales goals. Ensure you maintain a constant
funnel of sales activity and potential opportunities.
• Submit weekly sales activity report to Sales Manager and/or General Manager as
requested, expected, and needed. Update report to reflect any changes. Ensure all sales
data is entered in company’s CRM system.
• Meet and/or achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly KPI’s.
• Must be willing and able to travel 80% of the time in Maryland/Virginia/DC
• All other duties assigned
Two-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Construction Management,
Engineering, or other related field preferred or (3) years minimum industry experience in lieu of
education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Flexibility to work productively both solo and as a team member
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and make new connections with prospects
• Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications while
keeping track of dead-end leads is preferred
• Problem-solving skills and willingness to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment
• Ability to close deals using complex market research and focus on continued learning and
• Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully
establish rapport with prospects
Work Environment: This position will report to a typical office environment while in training and
going through the onboarding process. Once training and onboarding has been completed, the
position will convert to a remote position with daily travel expected in and around the DC
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, with a base salary and a benefits package:
• Company vehicle provided
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• SIMPLE IRA with Employer Contributions
• Paid Holidays
• Short-Term Disability
• Training Classes
• And More!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.