Local 5 or 602 Helper
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: To consistently provide first-class solutions for our customers and community. We achieve that by being people-focused and creating unparalleled career growth opportunities for our team. We attract and develop the most passionate talent in our region by concentrating on growth and operational excellence.
Helpers work with their mechanics to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain commercial Mechanical systems and equipment while learning to understand the trade.
• Assist the Journeyman mechanic to complete the goal at hand
• Pick up and deliver components, tools, materials, and supplies to and from the job site according to instructions.
• Be able to work in a variety of weather conditions
• Work in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction
• Ensuring the work area is clean
• Use hand and power tools in a safe capacity
• Move heavy materials and equipment
• Follow directions given to them by their Mechanics
• All other duties assigned
Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by Calvert Controls.
• Good communication skills
• Excellent customer service and teamwork skills
• Desire to learn and continuously improve
• Basic knowledge of and ability to use hand tools
• High School Diploma or GED
• Willing to train / No Experience required
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
• Local 602 benefit package
• Local 5 benefit package
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.