Customer Service Representative
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland
CALVERT CONTROLS OVERVIEW
Since 1986, Calvert Controls has been a leading provider of HVAC mechanical service, installation and building automation controls serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our customer focus sets us apart! At Calvert Controls, we are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of customer satisfaction in our industry, with a sense of warmth, individual pride, and company spirit. In June of 2021, Calvert Controls joined the Orion Group with the expectation of expanding, perfecting and truly being the best first in class Mechanical “one-stop shop” in the DC region.
Calvert’s Purpose and Values: We consistently deliver for our customers, colleagues, and community in a distinguished manner. By continuously developing the best in our team, we bring it, we earn it, and we are proud of our contributions in building a worthy legacy of consistent excellence in craftsmanship and service.
The Customer Service Representative is a critical player in the Calvert Operations team. Our Customer Service Representative is responsible for engaging with customers on behalf of our company. Their duties include answering phone calls or emails from customers to answer questions, participating in meetings with the customer service team, discovering new communication tactics and maintaining expert knowledge about company services to best help customers.
• Support all other CSR’s, Service Dispatchers, and Ops Team Members
• Enter all data accurately
• Create work orders for customers
• Organize notes and records in dispatch screen
• Answer HIGH volume of calls, listening intently to the caller’s information
• Assess and prioritize calls according to the urgency
• Analyze data from previous work orders
• Help locate and generate leads for new jobs
• ALWAYS provide 5-star service.
• Provide introductory information to new customers
• Follow up with clients or customers to check that they’re still satisfied with all services
• Let customers or clients know about additional services offered
• Determine the quickest, most effective ways to answer a client’s or customer’s
• Escalate queries and concerns
• Troubleshoot common issues with a product or service
• Work with a team of CSRs and other departments to find appropriate solutions
• Follow up on the status of parts with the vendor on order
• Follow up on all proposals sent to customers and not awarded
• Inform customers with any updates
• Call all customers for the next day to confirm the appointment; verify start time and POC
• Ensure all customers’ information is updated and accurate
• Escalate concerns from the field team and customer to appropriate managers
• Work with the entire team to share and help in all administrative categories
• Interact with the sales team to assist with all customer communications
• All other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to exercise independent judgment and
discretion and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. High school diploma or GED
• Flexibility to work productively both solo and as a team member
• Ability to work under stress and remain calm during rapidly changing circumstances
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
• Ability to relay information accurately in a fast-paced environment
• Problem-solving skills and willingness to collaborate
• Experience in a similar role
• STRONG organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• Experience using Microsoft Outlook and Office
• Experience using Foundation Software is a PLUS
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, fast-paced, must be able to multitask. Some weekend on-call hours will be expected and required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, with a base salary and benefits package:
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• SIMPLE IRA with Employer Contributions
• Paid Holidays
• Short-Term Disability
• Training Classes
• And More!
Calvert Controls is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.